Thursday, February 26, 2009

Looking for Discounted Designer Merchandise?

Last year, I was telling a friend about my love for designer clothing, and she recommended that I go to Jeremy's Department stores. I went to the San Francisco store (the other store is located in Berkeley), and was overwhelmed with the amount of merchandise (both men's and women's) they had. The store had 2 levels so I was immediately excited with the potential Gucci, Galiano, and De La Renta I would encounter throughout my shopping experience. When I walked in, I saw this large black Gucci top handle bag with tassels for only $400. Now I know that may seem pricy, but I know for a fact that bag retails for about $1200! I knew I couldn't afford it, but I asked to see it anyway so I could inspect it (see first image below to see the bag I'm talking about). There was a piece of plated hardware that was missing, but other than that, it looked pretty good to me! I would have probably taken it to a Gucci store and ask it be fixed. Since it's only $400, taking it in to get fixed would still cost less than the retail price. There were also brand name shoes such as Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana and Marc Jacobs. A friend recently purchased Marc Jacobs wedged heels for only $35! Jeremy's isn't limited to only designer labels. There are great basic tees, sweaters, and tops too for a very affordable price.

According to the website, the merchandise is inexpensive because they could be sample sales or past season's stock. Some items are damages, customer returns, or items that department stores can longer use such as those used in window displays or ads. There were so many great finds, and this is one of the places where you have to sign up for e-mail updates so you can find out what shipments are coming in. For more information on store location, hours, or to sign up for e-mail updates, check out the Jeremy's website
here.


Gucci Handbag. Retails for about $1200. Jeremy's price=$400!

1 comment:

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails