Saturday, February 21, 2009

NY Fashion Week 2009: Isaac Mizrahi

I know Isaac Mizrahi was a huge fashion figure in the 1990s (and still is of course!), but I only learned of his name because he designed a lot of great things for Target. Even though I am saddened that he ended his contract with Target in order to serve as Creative Director for Liz Claiborne, I am still a supporter of Isaac Mizrahi. I've been looking for designers to write about that didn't show all black collections (Vera Wang, why do you have to be so depressing?) and it was pretty refreshing to see that his collection had color in it. Unlike Derek Lam and Tommy Hilfiger who stuck to a more neutral palette, Isaac Mizrahi used rich and vibrant colors in his collection. Although he did use the basic fall colors of dark greens and browns, I was happy to see that there were bright plaid skirts and tops, mango-colored pieces, and multi-colored long cardigans and sweaters. It looks like belts and long cardigans are coming back again in the fall! What was really confusing to me were the hats that he used on some of his models. Did I just see a top handle purse on a model's head?! I really didn't get it, and I couldn't stop staring at those darn hats--such a distraction, and not in a good way! To view the complete collection, collect here.

What do you think of Isaac Mizrahi's collection?




PICTURES BY GETTY IMAGES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails