Thursday, February 19, 2009

NY Fashion Week 2009: J. Mendel

I recently read something about Gilles Mendel (designer for J. Mendel) and didn't know that he is best known for "reinventing the concept of fur," which explains why he had fur in a lot of his pieces such as vests and coats. However, it wasn't the fur that I was impressed with--it was his gowns. I know stylist Rachel Zoe is a fan of Gilles and dresses her clients in his gowns during awards season, so I hope to see one of his dresses at the Oscars! There was a lot of black in the collection, but there were a few dresses that were in a deep orange, plum, and navy. I don't know the exact materials that he used, but I'm guessing chiffon. The dresses looked so airy and I loved the bow detailing. Below are a few of my favorite pieces. To view the complete J. Mendel collection, click here!

What do you think? Love it? Hate it? or Undecided? Comment below!



PICTURES BY GETTY IMAGES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails