Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jump(suit) into Spring!

I have a confession to make: I used to hate jumpsuits! But just like how I used to loathe gladiators, I have eventually warmed up to this rather risky trend. Jumpsuits come in so many various styles, prints and colors that a girl is bound to find the perfect one for her body type. I must admit I am not a fan of the wide-leg jumpsuit (first two images below). There is something about it that is off-putting to me. Perhaps that it is too 70s/retro? Or even that jersey knit material? I opt for the more modern approach of the jumpsuit instead. Mary Kate Olsen and Kim Kardashian's short jumpsuits below exhibit a twist to the classic jumpsuit. What I like the most is that they don't show too much skin. I am a firm believer in showing off one thing at a time: if you are exposing your legs, then cover up the arms! Mary Kate does it right by accessorizing her jumpsuit with a hot pink belt (see "How to Wear Neon" post) to add some color. I am also crazy about the Helmut Lang and Stella McCartney black jumpsuits (see 3rd row below, respectively). They both have the cropped leg look, which happens to be a current trend, and I especially love the Stella McCartney design because it screams YSL and looks so sophisticated!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails