Monday, May 25, 2009

Fashion Tip of the Day: How to Prevent Blisters

Every time I buy a new pair of heels, I can not wait to wear them out! However, I dread the process of breaking them in because that always leads to blisters on my feet. So, what is a girl to do? Wear band-aids? I hate wearing band-aids on my feet because 1. they always fall off and 2. they're not the most fashionable things to sport when you're wearing a nice pair of stilettos. For those of you that don't know me, I try to wear heels as often as possible. So, I've been getting a lot of questions as to how I can wear them without blisters from forming. My secret? Vaseline or Chapstick. Before I put on my shoes, I rub a little vaseline on the areas on my feet where I know the shoes will irritate me most. Then I carry some chapstick (strictly for my feet! I carry a separate one for my lips!) and reapply if needed or if there are some new spots where you can start feeling the blisters form. Now that I have this little trick, I no longer have blisters on my feet, unless of course, I forget to apply vaseline or chapstick, then I'm doomed! I swear by this trick, and encourage you to try it! Your feet will thank you for it!



3 comments:

  1. I had to break in a pair of heels today and used the chapstick trick and it worked :) Jyay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT idea! Plus, when someone you can't stand asks to use your chapstick (yeah, I know...but it's happened to me!), you can cheerfully hand him/her your footstick! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails