Saturday, May 23, 2009

Words of Inspiration and Words to Live By!

I have always looked up to the fashion greats such as Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, and Prada. So it was only natural for me to look up some fashion quotes, and to get their insights about fashion. Some quotes are funny and outlandish, some snobby or pretentious, while others speak the truth to what I wholeheartedly believe. Nevertheless, they are all people in the industry who I admire and look up to, and who I aspire to be. What are some of your favorite fashion quotes?

“I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.” -Coco Chanel

“I don't do fashion, I am fashion.” -Coco Chanel

“Fashion fades. Style is eternal.” -Yves Saint Laurent

"The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you!” -Coco Chanel

"You either know fashion or you don't" -Anna Wintour

“There's no Chanel collection without black. (It) will never exist. Who can live without some black clothes.” -Karl Lagerfeld

"Elegance is the balance between proportion, emotion, and surprise." -Valentino

“I don't believe in changing my style because something's a trend, ... People are mislead: They think because it's a trend, they should do it. And it's not going to work.” -Rachel Zoe

“I don't design clothes, I design dreams.”-Ralph Lauren

"I love to take things that are everyday and comforting and make them into the most luxurious things in the world." -Marc Jacobs

1 comment:

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails