Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fall 2009 Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week: Christian Lacroix






Leave it to Christian Lacroix to give the audience thrills and frills in his collection. I loved the lace detailing, exquisite beading, bows, and ruffles. I am not used to seeing Lacroix so tamed, but I admit I do like it. This collection is far from his signature style (minus the second picture above, which is a wedding dress), and I'm not sure if that's a bad thing. The clothes are completely wearable and I would love to get my hands on the the navy and black coatdresses, beaded skirts, and dropwaisted jackets. Since the fashion house recently filed for bankruptcy, this may well have been Lacroix's last fashion show. I pray this is not the case; nevertheless, his (potential) last collection not only impressed many fashion lovers, but also showcased his pure talent and genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails