Thursday, July 23, 2009

Word of the Day: Brogue



brogue
n. 1. A heavy shoe of untanned leather, formerly worn in Scotland and Ireland.
2. A strong oxford shoe, usually with ornamental perforations and wing tips.

I saw a girl wearing brogues last month, and it sparked some curiosity...then I saw Sienna Miller wearing them in a gossip magazine, and the way she styled it works for me, and I knew I had to write about it. Stay tuned for my post on brogues and how to wear this tricky men's-inspired trend!

4 comments:

  1. Any pics of Sienna wearing the shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup..I will post something about women wearing Brogues tonight...just wanted to define the shoe first :) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love masculine looks.

    xo,
    SORINO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo thought of you when I wore the dress (lace detail and all) YSL is genius, no? :)



    x thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails