Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fashion Tip Of the Day: How to Wear Fur



Align Center
With the Fall season in full swing, I have never seen so much fur (faux fur that is!) in so many retail stores. Who doesn't want to feel warm and fuzzy in this colder weather? A few weeks ago, my friend and I took a little trip to Target and had some fun trying on these fur vests. Needless to say, I don't think we will jump on this trend anytime soon. Wearing fur can be a little bit tricky, as it can be a overpowering and tacky if not worn correctly. So how does one own the look and not looking like Chewbacca? Here are some tips on wearing this trend well:

1. Don't Wear Bulky Things
Fur will add some bulk on top, so always pair this look with a fitted bottom. I suggest a really simple outfit- a tee, fitted dark wash skinny jean and flat heeled boots.

2. Don't Overdo It
If you think a fur vest is too overpowering, then you can opt for a subtle approach, like a vest with a fur collar, instead of wearing the entire look. That way, you will still embrace the trend and look fashionable.

3. Vests vs. Coats?
I suggest wearing a cropped fur jacket or a vest. A full on fur jacket with long sleeves is just a little too much fuzz for me.

However you wear the look, just remember, keep it simple! Will you be trying out fur this season?





1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I feel about fur yet...but I do like the pictures you posted! Thanks Vicky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails