Sunday, August 22, 2010

Glitter in the Air


I was reading one of my favorite blogs: Cupcakes and Cashmere and saw Emily wear a sequined skirt from J.Crew. I immediately went to the J.Crew website, and was disappointed that 1. It was sold out and 2. It cost $275. I found 3 alternatives at all different price points:



The key to pulling off sequins in the daytime is to keep it simple. Keep the jewelry to a minimum, and wear neutral tops. Try a boyfriend blazer (clearly, my favorite staple) or a military jacket (if you're feeling adventurous) to balance out the shimmer.

1 comment:

  1. I love Cupcakes and Cashmere! It is so great! The skirt she wore was fab, and so are the cheaper ones you found. Loves it!

    http://thefashionablewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails