Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Zucchini Lasagna

I try to keep a fairly healthy lifestyle and like to scour the internet for easy recipes that don't require too many ingredients or require too much of my time. I found this zucchini lasagna and decided to give it a try. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, hence it came out more of a casserole than a lasagna. Nevertheless, it tasted really good, and it didn't give me that "I feel like I just ate 10 pounds of lard" feeling. This is a great alternative if you don't want to indulge in the carbs! Here are some snapshots of what I did:


Sautee Onions and Garlic in pan. Season accordingly

Slice Zucchini
To continue, just click "Read More" below!





Lay out in large baking pan
Add Ground Meat to Onion and Garlic mixture

Add tomato sauce


Add meat mixture to slice zucchini in pan

Add dollops of ricotta cheese

Keep layering!

Bake and you're done! (I didn't have enough zucchini to finish the final layer, but that's ok)



3 comments:

  1. Yummi and healthy!! I´ll try at home :) Thanks for sharing dear :)
    Lots of kisses! xoxo
    www.girlinsunglasses.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to give this a try - great way to cut out those carbs!!

    fashionable footprints
    fashionable footprints (facebook)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails